New Ministry of Health Travel Guidelines for Liberia effective immediately (July 20, 2022).
- All travelers 18 years and above MUST show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Travelers without proof of vaccination will be returned to their country of embarkation at the expense of the airline.
- No negative COVID-19 test result is required for travelers.
- COVID-19 testing for incoming travelers at the airport is suspended.
All travelers much check the COVID-19 guidelines and regulations at the destination country.
- All persons traveling out of Liberia are encourage to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and follow the COVID-19 protocol requirement(s) of the destination country.
- All persons traveling to countries that require a COVID-19 test must present a negative COVID-19 test certificate before departure.
- COVID-19 sample collection (testing) for PCR is available at the Union Center located on Sophie Road in Congo Town, Monrovia from 9am to 4pm, 7 days a week.
Travelers are encouraged to register at liberiacovidtravel.org prior to arrival at the Union Center. To Register, select “Request a Travel Certificate and fill out the requested information.
Travelers should ensure they provide correct contact details and will receive a unique identification number to retrieve their test results online.
Travelers should print a paper copy of their negative test result certificate before arriving at the Roberts International Airport
- Testing fees for Outgoing travelers that require COVID travel certificate: ECOWAS citizens traveling to ECOWAS Countries must pay US $50 for cost of COVID-19 testing while those traveling outside the ECOWAS region must pay US $75. Payment can either be made online or in cash at the UBA banking window at the Union Testing Center.
- Travelers who test positive will be denied travel and just adhere to Liberia’s COVID-19 Case Management Guidelines. A re-test will be conducted on day five (5) based on the case prevailing health status.
For more information, visit the Ministry of Health Website
1 thought on “New Ministry of Health Travel Guidelines for Liberia effective immediately (July 20, 2022).”
Your guidelines did not address Returning Travelers – those entering Liberia but are returning to their departure country.